To Find you local LPG Supplier please Click here.
LPG fuels all familiar domestic household gas appliances, such as Central heating boilers, Gas Fires, Gas Ranges, AGAs and cookers. Thanks to the various technological advances that are driving energy efficiency in the gas appliance sector, the operational performance and carbon savings that can be achieved using LPG are improving all the time.
Benefits of LPG for Off Grid Homes
- LPG emits 35% less CO2 than coal and 12% less than oil
- LPG is automatically generated during the production of methane during the refining process
- LPG produces 90% less carbon monoxide and 50% less smog than mains natural gas
- It readily evaporates posing no environmental risk in the event of a spillage
- LPG tanks can be left on site for 30 years, whereas oil tanks need replacing every 10-15
- Tanks can be buried below ground to improve the aesthetics of a building
- Telemetry systems can alert the supplier when fuel is low, making deliveries manageable and efficient
- The cost of LPG installation – compared with electric, oil and air source heat pumps – is significantly cheaper.
- The supply network is well-established meaning that due to lower installation costs and the instant availability of hot water and heat, LPG is quickly becoming the fuel of choice for thousands of homes located off the gas grid.
- Working with a combination boiler, LPG provides heat and hot water on demand, removing the need for an expensive storage system
- Aesthetics is a key motivator in the adoption of LPG in modern developments as there is no need for noisy and unsightly outside units on the side of the home such as those required for air source heat pumps
- For homes using solar and wind energy, LPG offers a flexible and complementary low carbon fuel source to power these homes when intermittent renewables cannot meet demand or are not generating due to weather conditions
- In future, the development of Renewable LPG technologies will provide a renewable fuel that can be added into the supply chain with absolutely no need to change customers’ storage tanks or even adjust their appliances
Click here to find your local LPG Supplier.
What to know more about bioLPG? Click here.